I’ve always preferred iced coffee to hot. Before we created our own Instant Drip Coffee for (multee)project, I would make my own cold brew at home to avoid buying $5 iced coffees every time I went out.
I realized we could probably use the Instant Drip Coffee packets to make cold brew, so we experimented at home and wanted to share the easy process with you for the days you’d prefer your coffee iced over hot:
- Remove 5 filter packets of our Instant Drip Coffee from their outer packaging. Keeping the filter packets sealed, trim off paper handles, and place in a large container, like a pitcher with a lid.
- Add 40oz of filtered water - around 8oz for every packet of coffee.
- Let it sit out, covered, for 24 hours while the packets soak in the water.
- Remove packets with tongs, and don’t forget to upcycle the coffee grounds and recycle the filters.
- Pour over ice and enjoy! Store leftovers in the fridge.